Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Begin

So...I make things! Let's jump right in.

Today I'm working on a rug for my bathroom. The yarn is Lion Brand Cotton-Ease which I hand-dyed.














I was a little concerned about the dyeing because the fiber content is 50% cotton, 50% acrylic, and acrylic is infamous about rejecting dye. It seems to have worked out fairly well. The colors are a little more intense in real life. I was attempting to create a yarn with Noro-like color changes and I succeeded for the most part. The colors don't gradually change though...Eh, next time.














The pattern I'm making up based on a washcloth I knit. It's a little more than half done. I've been averaging a wedge a day, what with school being out now. At this rate I should be done this week and my obsession can cease.














I'm inspired. Definitely want to make an afghan now. I'll have to alter the pattern to make hexagons though.

No comments: